[Kdenlive-devel] Question : Cutter functionality

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jul 28 22:58:07 UTC 2002

On Sunday 28 Jul 2002 7:15 pm, Christian Berger wrote:
> > When you say that audio is impossible, do you mean that seperate audio
> > channels are impossible (e.g. adding music in the background), or that
> > the resulting mpeg will have no sound at all?
>
> Well at the moment, I don't have any sound. But sound is a completely
> different chapter at the moment. I'm planning on focusing on sound after
> using lavpipe
>
> > In other words, if you feed it several movies which already have sound,
> > will the clips in the edit retain their original sound?
>
> Nope, they would be silent.

Ok, that's fine. Shall we modify the roadmap slightly then - let's say that
version 0.5 is capable of editing video + sound but no transitions.

We can then add another milestone - let's say version 0.3 - which will be
capable of editing video only.

So we have :

V0.1 : UI, not integrated with cutter.
V0.3 : UI integrated with cutter, video only, no transitions
V0.5 : UI integrated with cutter, video and sound, no transitions

... (worry about transitions, etc. here and figure out how much we want to do
for the official release)

V0.9 : Feature Freeze, beta testing.
V1.0 : Official Release

Let me know what you think, and keep me informed on how your getting on.

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood