[Kdenlive-devel] Question : Cutter functionality

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jul 28 14:43:53 UTC 2002

Hi,

What kind of functionality is the cutter that you are writing capable of? For
instance, will it be capable of fades/transitions, does it put limits on
which frames in a video you can cut at, etc?

My plan is that I will add enough functionality to the UI to cover what your
cutter is capable of. At that point I consider us to be version 0.1 on the
roadmap.

Then I will start work on the cutting list generator, and integrated movie
player (I am considering xine at this early stage), at which point we will
have our first usable video editor. I consider that to be V 0.5.

Then we can figure out exactly what we want Kdenlive version 1 to be capable
of, and what we will put off for version 2.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Jason

--