[Kdenlive-devel] File format definition

Christian Berger einStein at donau.de
Mon Jul 8 10:23:52 UTC 2002

Am Montag, 8. Juli 2002 03:41 schrieben Sie:

> Hmm... I don't think that the codec will really be able to take advantage
> of this kind of stuff. However, a better reason for having non-constant
> framerates would be so that, for example, if you purposefully speed up or
> slow down a clip in an effect, the codec merely changes the framerate,
> rather than calculating the pictures to be shown. This means that if you
> played something in slow motion, the resultant file would only be the same
> length as if you had played it at full speed.

That's true, but actually I've just thought of a show which actually has
variable framerates here. It's "Die Sendung mit der Maus", they have video
footage, 16mm film footage (until a few years they shot everything on film),
and of course various material shot between 12 and 12000 fps. Currently they
play everything at 25fps resulting in fixed speedups or slowdowns. With our
programm they could cleanly just set the factor and even use different
factors on different scenes.

> > To be honest I still don't have KDE3. Last time I've tried the files from
> > my distributor didn't work, and I cannot retry will next week since I'm
> > going to record a movie on monday and therefore need any space I can get.
> > http://www.wdr.de/themen/kultur/1/millionenspiel/index.jhtml
>
> There is really not that much of a rush for you to install kde3 at the
> moment. The user interface still doesn't do anything particularly exciting
> yet.

Ohh OK, BTW, the first kden-file has been created, unfortunately it doesn't
contain more than the header at the moment.

> Cheers,
> Jason

Servus
  Casandro