[Kdenlive-devel] piave 0.0.2

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Mon Dec 23 12:35:12 UTC 2002

Hi all,

I checked in all the stuff I did the last time. There are a lot of new
features and _many_ changes. Most of the stuff was done in a hurry, just to
get something working, so please excuse missing docu and sloppy error
handling. If files are missing, /dev/dsp can't be opened or anything else is
not 100% correct, piave will just abort. I myself already noticed a number of
issues , e.g. 'play' always starts at 0 (not at cursor), etc, etc...  It
would be great if you could post bugs and everything you don't like.

Surprisingly enough, I think I could get all major features to work I wanted
to get working.

* server, kdenserver: the server is now multithreaded
* outsdlstream: can now use YUV Overlay (RGB still works)
* VEML: can handle <play> and <seek> command
* player: simple player loop to play video with correct speed
* configure.in: option --with-ffmpeg=PATH  will activate experimental ffmpeg
support
* avstream: fixed export to raw DV file.
* ossstream: use OSS to play sound.
* ffstream: experimental support for ffmpeg
* textmaster: simple support for text rendering with FreeType

One big thing is missing though, and that's scenelist support. Unfortunately
you'll get just one hardcoded .dv file. Somehow my version of kdenlive didn't
send the scenelist, but actually, even if it would have, I probably wouldn't
have had the time to make it work. It's not a big deal though .. ;-) I mean I
won't be coding till next year, so if anybody wants to patch piave to handle
it ... ;-))))

There are also some places in the code you might want to try to hack, e.g.:

libpiave/kdenserver.cc:379
         -> try to use RGB, so you see the speed difference.

piave/main.cc:147
         -> set preview to 'false' and you'll get the full DV size.

piave/main.cc:149
         -> change the name of the hardcoded clip.

./configure
         -> if you have a recent copy of ffmpeg installed, then try
            ./configure --with-ffmpeg=/usr/local/myPath/to/ffmpeg
            if anybody could help on libpiave/ffstream.{hh|cc} that would
            be great.

I released the current version as 0.0.2, so you can either 'cvs co' or grab a
tarball here:

 http://modesto.sourceforge.net/piave/

Merry Xmas,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/