[Kdenlive-devel] status

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Thu Dec 19 10:25:00 UTC 2002

On Thursday 19 December 2002 05:32 am, Jason Wood wrote:
> I think that is a good idea. Don't mind me, I got a little caught up with
> the idea that we could make a release for xmas :-)

I'd like to see a first usable version very soon too. ;-)

> I can add the <render filename="rendered.dv"/> command to KRender in the
> next hour or so - it's the only missing link.

Ok.

> then the sequence that Piave will recieve to render will be :
>
> <setSceneList>
> 	<!--Scenelist goes here-->
> </setSceneList>
> <render filename="rendered.dv"/>

Ok, but don't send the scenelist if it didn't change since last send.

> Good point, I had forgotten to keep that roadmap up to date :-) Once we
> have this "0.5" release ready, we'll have to take a look and decide exactly
> what kind of features we want in the "1.0" version, and what should be left
> for afterwards :-)

This roadmap is very usefull, but do you really want to call the first usable
release 0.5?

As I said I already started a small list with suggestions for the GUI which
I'll post soon. Most of those things a trivial, but I wonder if it would be
possible to get 'snap-to-frame' for the slider, pretty soon? At least I need
a button step-one-frame (bwd,fwd), because with the slider, the smallest I
can get is 7 frames. I suggest, that until we have defined the real VEML for
container/video- and audiocodes, I just report the FPS next to the duration
in the reply to getFileProperties.

 <reply command="getFileProperties" duration="10.56" fps="25.0" ... >

Beeing able to step frame by frame would help me a lot.

Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/