[Kdenlive-devel] ping

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Tue Dec 3 08:22:45 UTC 2002

On Monday 02 December 2002 11:12 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have implemented the "ping" command. Essentially, it looks like this :
>
> <ping id="someID"/>
>
> (and the reply)
>
> <pong id="someID"/>
>
> (I think ping/pong is a fairly standard naming - used in IRC protocol, at
> least?)

Just put it in the spec and when I am read with iteration two of the parser
I'll put it in.

> Incidentally, I was having another think about how much time we have wasted
> if it turns out that we cannot use loopback interactively, and the answer,
> I believe, is "not much". It occured to me at the most complicated methods
> that we have to write (setSceneList, cutter capabilities, etc) would need
> to be written for supporting batch rendering later anyway.
> I like to be able to justify doing something just in case it goes wrong ;-)

;-)  On the kino-devel list they are just discussing how to get the thumbnails
from the cilps in the timeline. They seem to haveproblems doing that in
reasonable speed... I am curious how the pipes work. I hope it's fast enough.
I don't really need batch rendering and I don't see it as a primary goal, but
if it would work, it would be pretty cool ;-)  But also, linking piave
direktly into kdenlive does _not_ mean we give up batch rendering, only for
the interactive part we would use it directly. Anyway, I agree with you tha
we should lead this discussion when we really tried XML->loopback.

I think I understood the threading stuff good enough to start implementing it
now.

Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/