[Kdenlive-devel] scenelist

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Sun Dec 1 15:54:41 UTC 2002

On Sunday 01 December 2002 04:21 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> On Sunday 01 Dec 2002 2:33 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > what do I have to do, to make kdenlive send a scenelist? For me, it just
> > sends the list once in the beginning (empty of course), and never
> > again??? I can insert clips, move then, whatever I don't see a message
> > about a scenelist...
>
> Hmm, it should keep sending the scenelist each time a clip is moved in the
> timeline. I'll take a look.
>
> Oh, actually I see the problem - I am generating a new scene list on every
> move of the timeline, but not actually sending it :-) Ok, it's fixed in CVS
> now.

Great, works. Expect some code to parse this maybe already tomorrow.

> > - Why is <header> inside the scenelist? It should be a seperate tag. What
> >   version is this supposed to be?
>
> Ignore it for the moment, it is not important until we reach a release and
> finalise the VEML document, when it should be set to version 1.0 :-)

Ok.

> If you like, I can remove it for the moment?

As you like, I'll ignore it anyway.

> > - What is the difference between <scenelist> ans <setSceneList> tags?
> >   As ar as I can see, they are redundant.
>
> setSceneList is supposed to be the command, whilst scenelist is the outer
> tag of the scenelist document.
>
> Essentially, it's there so that the scenelist (without the setSceneList
> command) is a compliant XML document.

Ok.

> > - At least on my setup all this is butt slow ;-)))  When I scroll left
> > and right, the seek commands pile up. We need to do this in SAX and in a
> > seperate thread. Then seeks will be dropped from the queue in case the
> > previous seek is not finished.
>
> Yes, I sort of expected that seeks would be piling up at the moment, and
> yes, it should be correct behaviour for Piave to ignore all of them except
> for the most recent one ;-)

> On another count though, I'm going to profile the code I have written for
> generating the scenes - I think it is taking a lot longer than it should
> do, and I want to find out if this is the case, and if so, why.
>
> > I am not yet convinced that this XML via loopback is the right way to do
> > it.
>
> Well, we are getting close to the time when we find out, I think :-)

Are you working on the nullcutter, or should I start looking into the
SAX/thread thing? I'll merge the text overlay tonight. Then I start looking
into the threads, I wanted to learn that anyway. Another thing I am working
at is moving the display from SDL surfaces to Xv (or SDL Overlay I'm not yet
sure) I am missing some usefull documentation for the Xv extensions. Do you
have a link to some docu?

Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/