[Kdenlive-devel] Hello! :-)

booker r.aberg at t-online.de
Thu Aug 22 19:58:29 UTC 2002

> So the first usable video format will be MJPEG encoded AVI's, I suspect.

Hhmm ... this is bad, because I have a DC30 (pinnacle) and this card isn't
working right now (using linux).

> However, there is a tool which will convert the AVI's created by dvgrab
> into those that will Kdenlive will use :
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/dv2jpg/

This is good ... so I'm prepared to play around with Kdenlive! :-)

> The priority
> at the moment is on getting the user interface finished and a usable
> version of Kdenlive! released.

Apropos "Interface":
I took notice of Kdenlive! during this Cinelerra discussion, Christian was
talking about (I read some of your discussions at sourceforge).
So because Christian is on vacation I will repeat my proposal.

I tell him about the Mustux-Project: http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/mustux/
, that could be helpful for your project, because it offers a new way to
navigate through your application or during the editing process.

The mustux page is a little bit messily at the moment, because the complete
project is leaving sourceforge and shifting to savannah.
But you can check out the functionality by using Protux:
http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/protux/.

So please check out Protux ... you will like it! :-)

BTW:
As you probably noticed ;-) ... my english skill isn't very well, but I hope
it's tolerably!

greetings
booker