[Kdenlive-devel] Hello! :-)

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Aug 22 14:37:34 UTC 2002

On Thursday 22 Aug 2002 2:28 pm, Reinhard Amersberger wrote:
> This is just to let you know that there are people eagerly awaiting the
> first release of Kdenline!
>
> And I'm one of them ;-)

Cool, and as one of the two developers of Kdenlive!, so am I :-)

> Which will be the first usable video format?

Christian Berger is creating our initial cutter/renderer based upon lavpipe
from the MJPEG tools project : http://mjpeg.sourceforge.net/

So the first usable video format will be MJPEG encoded AVI's, I suspect.

> Actually I'm using Kino (dvgrab) to grab files from my DV camcorder.
> Can I use this files in Kdenlive! too?

At some point, support will be added, but I cannot say when. The priority at
the moment is on getting the user interface finished and a usable version of
Kdenlive! released.

However, there is a tool which will convert the AVI's created by dvgrab into
those that will Kdenlive will use :

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dv2jpg/

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood
The scariest moment of learning shell scripts was finding that ' and ` have