D21247: [pretty please] allow fetching of cover art in mpris plugin from connected computer

Andy Holmes noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu May 16 23:58:19 BST 2019

andyholmes added a comment.

  I don't really have this problem anyways, but isn't the better solution to have the serving instance of KDE Connect do the art downloading and transfer the file as normal? I think the only external input to the android app should be from the remote paired device. This also ensures the Android app (or whichever client) has it's address isolated from any outside source.

  FWIW, in GSConnect we use the GFile abstraction, which can take any URI, and use it as a source for an input stream when sending the payload. In this case whether the URI is file://, http://, sftp:// or whatever, the Android app and the original URI source have no knowledge of each other or direct connection.

  I assume a similar file abstraction exists in Qt or KIO?

REPOSITORY
  R225 KDE Connect - Android application