D15813: Respect users prefered text editor for shared text

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 28 15:14:44 BST 2018

broulik accepted this revision.
broulik added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> shareplugin.cpp:115
> +        KService::Ptr service = KMimeTypeTrader::self()->preferredService(QStringLiteral("text/plain"));
> +        const QString& defaultApp = service ? service->desktopEntryName() : QString();
> +

I think that `&` should go, given you may also assign temporary `QString()` to it

> apol wrote in shareplugin.cpp:120
> Ugh yeah, no. Extract the executable name from the server, not from the id. They may be different!

I was about to suggest parsing `Exec` but this is complicated and might have additional incompatbile arguments, and it can only be "kate" and "kwrite" at this point given the `if` above. Could probably use the first part of `Exec` but imho this way is fine'ish.

REPOSITORY
  R224 KDE Connect