D16092: Make SmsPlugin::requestConversation synchronous and blocking

Simon Redman noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Oct 12 04:25:06 BST 2018

sredman added a comment.

  In D16092 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16092>, @apol wrote:

  > I would really recommend against using QEventLoop, it's a source for crashes every time.
  >  Would it maybe make sense to move this into a separate thread somehow?

  Yes, I think having ConversationDbusInterface on its own thread would be the best answer to this problem. However, I couldn't figure out a way to do this which also had  the service properly registered on dbus. I tried everything I could think of, from subclassing QThread to using QThread properly and connecting to its started signal. I was able to get the SMS plugin on a new thread (using QObject::movetothread) and responding to requests, but whenever the ConversationDbusInterface was on another thread it was not visible on dbus. I think you have more QDbus experience than I do so you might be able to get it working :)

REPOSITORY
  R224 KDE Connect