Separate kdeconnectd to another package

Matthijs Tijink matthijstijink at gmail.com
Sun May 6 13:28:48 UTC 2018

Hi Gary,

As Aleix mentioned, the packagers should fix that. I don't really know how the
packaging on Debian works, so if someone on the mailing list knows: please
look on at the dependencies and contact the Debian maintainers for KDE Connect
with suggestions for improvement. I couldn't find a KDE Connect package for
Deepin Linux, so can't verify it, or give feedback to Deepin Linux.

Regarding building: I we don't officially support installing these separately.
That shouldn't really be an issue though: installing the plasma applet is fine
even if you have plasma (expect if you care about the <100 KB you lost).
Nevertheless, I *think* you can get by with only installing "core", "daemon",
"indicator", "interfaces" and "plugins". But I wouldn't really recommended
that.

Kind regards, Matthijs Tijink