Separate kdeconnectd to another package

Wang Gary wzc782970009 at gmail.com
Thu May 3 01:51:45 UTC 2018

> Can you tell me what dependencies KDE Connect has on your distribution?
My Arch linux laptop got no problem since I'm already using KDE on it. For
another PC I got Linux Deepin and `apt depends kdeconnectd` says it
requires `plasma-workspace` to run (that's horrible). I also check Debian's
package page (https://packages.debian.org/buster/kdeconnect), it have much
less dependencies than Linux Deepin but there are still some package about
gui which I'm not sure it's required for only a daemon. I've also checked
other distribution's package page and I didn't find any of them split the
daemon as a standalone package.

> Please ask your distribution, we are not in charge of packaging.
Sorry about the dumb questions since I'm really not familiar with cmake and
packaging. I did build it from source with only `sudo make install` in
`build/core` and `build/daemon` folder and it works for me, but I didn't
find any make target which do only build and install kdeconnectd. Did I
missing something or is there any extra steps to do?

Thanks

Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> 于2018年5月3日周四 上午7:27写道:

--

Other ways to contact me: @Twitter <https://twitter.com/BLumiaW>, @GitHub