D9691: Add contacts-reading plugin (KDE side)

Matthijs Tijink noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 29 19:45:30 UTC 2018

mtijink added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> contactsplugin.cpp:70
> +    {
> +        return this->handleResponseUIDsTimestamps(np);
> +    } else if (np.type() == PACKET_TYPE_CONTACTS_RESPONSE_VCARDS)

It's not really common in C++ to write `this->`.

> contactsplugin.h:69
> + */
> +#define PACKET_TYPE_CONTACTS_RESPONSE_VCARDS QStringLiteral("kdeconnect.contacts.response_vcards")
> +

You can get the uid's by calling `map.keys()`, so the separate list is not needed.

> contactsplugin.h:75
> + */
> +Q_GLOBAL_STATIC_WITH_ARGS(QString, vcardsLocation, (QStandardPaths::writableLocation(QStandardPaths::GenericDataLocation) + ("/kpeoplevcard")))
> +

Wouldn't `kdeconnect/vcard` make more sense?

> contactsplugin.h:122
> +
> +protected:
> +

Why protected? We're not going to inherit from this, right?

> kdeconnect_contacts.json:13
> +        "Description[x-test]": "xxSynchronize Contacts Between the Desktop and the Connected Devicexx",
> +        "EnabledByDefault": true,
> +        "Icon": "dialog-ok",

How will the contact integrate with the desktop? E.g. will I see the contacts in KAddressBook? Or can I sent people e-mails using this?

If the contacts conflict with what the user has already set up, I'd disable it by default. Otherwise, this is fine.

REPOSITORY
  R224 KDE Connect