Troubles with 1.8.1, TLS Handshakes failing (and blocking?)

Andy Holmes andrew.g.r.holmes at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 23:58:11 UTC 2018

Hi, I know my extension GSConnect is not an upstream project, but
since kdeconnect-android 1.8.1 I've had numerous reports of failure to
connect, and after restarting the app I now experience this myself.
I've been through the commit logs since at least 1.8.0, but other than
these two commits:

* Synchronize everything to see if this fixes a crash in 8.1
  3d4bf643d4dad4220a90d020772d20942aed3358

*Add timeout so handshake doesn't block forever
  cf808c03ba4cd6d9149e2ae133c88b1335dceafe

I see no connection related changes at all, certainly no changes to
the basic protocol, and even these seem to be merely threading
implementation details.

The only errors I've been able to produce on either side are TLS
handshake errors (which are always gloriously vague) that seem to
block, contrary to the above mentioned commit. Has something changed
in the connection protocol, or perhaps an API bump in the Android app
which could be affecting accepted SSL ciphers?

Any advice or links to relevant commits I'm overlooking would be
greatly appreciated, I'm kind of banging my head against a wall right
now.

Regards,

Andy