D11418: Clean-up requirements: cmake 3.0, qt 5.7, use min versions, deduplicate KF5

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 19 00:55:13 UTC 2018

kossebau added a comment.

  In D11418#228932 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11418#228932>, @apol wrote:

  > Also the new minimum requirements you added feel a bit random to me. Why is it related to whatever is the minimum required version of plasma or kf5?

  Motivation for cmake 3.0: being the same as with other KDE codebases (kf5, plasma) worked one by most people here means a variant less to deal with (consider cmake policies resulting from min versions)
  Motivation for Qt 5.7: that is the min requirement of KF 5.42 (old requirement, did not change that), so making this explicit here helps to know if code needs to be if-version-ed.
  Motivation for ECM 5.42: ECM & KF5 are released together since early version, it would be surprising if someone had only a lower version of ECM

  Does this explicit reasoning seem less random now?

INLINE COMMENTS

> apol wrote in CMakeLists.txt:1
> These dependencies where added here on purpose, to document why is a dependency needed.

This documentation was not documented then :)

Would you want this readded then?
Given the CMakeLists.txt for the plugins are rather short, I found the link lists to be documenting this clearly as well, so I would not have thought there is any need for this. Also never seen this approach in other projects before, so had my delete key easily triggered :)

REPOSITORY
  R224 KDE Connect