D11459: [WIP] Add plugins for controlling local & remote screen brightness

Nicolas Fella noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 18 19:49:52 UTC 2018

nicolasfella added subscribers: broulik, nicolasfella.
nicolasfella added a comment.

  Nice idea!

  In D11459#228684 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11459#228684>, @kossebau wrote:

  > My first take on KDEConnect plugins, feedback welcome.
  >
  > Questions I currently have:
  >
  > 1. Is this the right way to approach the purpose of remote control of screen brightness?

  General approach looks alright, one //could// merge the two plugins into one. If we leave then split I'd like more descriptive names (e.g. BrightnessController and BrightnessReporter)

  Maybe something like this https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/123263/ @broulik are you still interested in this?

  > 3. How is a remote state properly modeled? How do we know when a plugin should emit change signals and when should it stop doing so?

  Your approach looks fine. AFAIK the plugin gets destroyed when the connection is lost

REPOSITORY
  R224 KDE Connect