Binaries for Windows available?

Nicolas Fella nicolas.fella at gmx.de
Mon Jul 23 14:34:49 BST 2018

Hi,

what's not to get is the problem you are trying to solve. If you said
"no DBus, because Windows" from the beginning it would have been more
clear. However, using DBus is a non-issue on LXQt and other Linux
desktops. The current daemon architecture is actually beneficial for
non-Plasma desktops. The idea is to have a desktop-agnostic daemon that
various UI components (Plasma applets, applications, kdeconnect-cli,
aforementioned indicators) can use.

You are right, using DBus makes it hard to run on Windows. I guess if
somebody was motivated to maintain a Windows port one could link the
daemon directly to the UI instead of using DBus, but I don't care enough
about Windows to do it myself. That does not mean I will block anyone
from doing it. But again, I don't see what problem this would solve for
LXQt.

Cheers

Nicolas