D14248: Made changes to send phone numbers and create contacts

Vishal Gupta noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jul 20 15:25:22 BST 2018

vishalgupta created this revision.
vishalgupta created this object with edit policy "Administrators".
Restricted Application added a project: KDE Connect.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: kdeconnect.
vishalgupta requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  I was unable to build the desktop application and didn't understand it well enough to add a new plugin on the desktop application.
  So I improvised and used --ping-msg.
  Made changes to the android application in order to parse ping messages starting with ::DIALER with another function.
  I'm now sending information through to the android application by seperating arguments with ::

  For example,
  kdeconnect-cli -d f69e2e8ac00b140d --ping-msg "::DIALER::DIAL::9176119388"
  *Will pop up a notification to dial the number 9176119388, which when clicked, opens a dialer*

  kdeconnect-cli -d f69e2e8ac00b140d --ping-msg "::DIALER::ADD::Vishal::9176119388::0123456789"
  *Will pop up a notification to add a contact Vishal (9176119388), which when clicked, opens the add contact screen on the user's phone.
  This can be used to add upto three numbers in a single contacts.*
  ‌
  Screenshot <https://salsa.debian.org/comfortablydumb-guest/Hello-from-the-Debian-side/blob/master/Images/Screenshot_20180715-190706.jpg>

  **More context :**
  I'm working on a project to create a Click-to-dial pop-up Dialer application for GSoC under Debian. This application (would be invoked as a MIME handler and) is being developed with Python3 & PyQt4. It can place a phone call with VoIP, display details about the country in which the phone number is registered, save the number to an address book.

  With KDE-Connect‌, my aim is to send a phone number/contact to a user's mobile phone. This will show a notification on the Android device which the user can click to either dial (starting a dialer intent) or add to his contacts.

REPOSITORY
  R225 KDE Connect - Android application

AFFECTED FILES
  AndroidManifest.xml
  build.gradle
  src/org/kde/kdeconnect/Backends/LanBackend/LanLink.java
  src/org/kde/kdeconnect/Backends/LanBackend/LanLinkProvider.java
  src/org/kde/kdeconnect/Device.java
  src/org/kde/kdeconnect/Plugins/PingPlugin/PingPlugin.java
  src/org/kde/kdeconnect/Plugins/SharePlugin/SharePlugin.java