D9564: Add album cover art support.

Nicolas Fella noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jan 14 13:52:09 UTC 2018

nicolasfella added a comment.

  When no artwork is available the controls stay at the bottom instead of being centered. We could

  1. Leave it this way. Not pretty IMHO, but not too bad
  2. Set the visibility to GONE (hence center the controls) only when no artwork is available at all and set it to INVISIBLE when loading the artwork
  3. Create a default artwork

INLINE COMMENTS

> AlbumArtCache.java:94
> +        }
> +        try {
> +            //Initialize the disk cache with a limit of 5 MB storage (fits ~830 images, taking Spotify as reference)

Merge the two try blocks with a try-multicatch?

> AlbumArtCache.java:316
> +            if (!success) {
> +                //Mark the fetch as failed in the memory cache

else?

> mtijink wrote in MprisActivity.java:203
> I disagree. Because the image takes some time to be loaded, the controls jump around every time a new track is played. This is even worse when you want to click next a few times quickly.

Agreed.

REPOSITORY
  R225 KDE Connect - Android application