D10703: Build kdeconnect on sailfish and port some simple plugins

Adam Pigg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Feb 21 16:55:35 UTC 2018

piggz added a comment.

  Ive got a bit to do, be prepared for a rev 2.

INLINE COMMENTS

> apol wrote in CMakeLists.txt:13
> find also within if(SAILFISHOS)?

Ok

> apol wrote in CMakeLists.txt:25
> typo

ok

> apol wrote in CMakeLists.txt:24
> Why?

typo, should be KF5::Notifications .... this is to set the appropriate notification library depending on the platform, and then it only needs a single linker line

> nicolasfella wrote in device.cpp:46
> Does that really solve the issue?

Well .... it just defines qAsConst as nothing, so it compiles.  in reality, it will mean that there are extra copies of the data created, which will be a (minor?) performance impact.  Im open to other suggestions.

> nicolasfella wrote in CMakeLists.txt:4
> Could Nemo Notifications replace KNotifications entirely?

No, its platform specific (and im still trying to get it to actually display a notification!)

> nicolasfella wrote in kdeconnectd.cpp:47
> We could split this into DesktopDaemon and SailfishDaemon

true ... i'll give that a shot

> nicolasfella wrote in kdeconnectdeclarativeplugin.h:29
> Can we remove the condition?

Because i cant use the plugin/infrastructure from kde,  for the sailfish app, i just compile this code directly into the app to make it available.  for this to happen, the methods need to be public.  They can be generally public, but I guess its not needed on the main platform?  Your choice.

> apol wrote in kdeconnect-sfos.changes.in:1
> Can you put the RPM stuff within sfos directory?

yep, i'll give that a go

> apol wrote in kdeconnect-sfos.cpp:59
> Why is it a different import?
> Doesn't it make it much harder to share code with the rest?

will fix.

REPOSITORY
  R224 KDE Connect