T7994: Extract Qt Pulseaudio bindings into a Framework

David Rosca noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Feb 21 14:42:13 UTC 2018

drosca added a comment.

  I'm not saying to have no ABI guarantees at all, I just don't think the code is in a good enough shape to be Framework and it requires a considerable amount of work to do so.
  Classes don't use d-pointers and have templated methods implemented in headers - this was already mentioned of course, and it's the easy part.
  Next, there are no autotests at all. This requires implementing "fake" pulseaudio for tests and get the libpulse to connect to it.

  I would prefer to first make it a "normal" library with only necessary changes, and then continue to improving it with possibility to break ABI by bumping soversion. Only after that when/if it is ready, make it into Framework.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T7994