D15108: Sort Cached Messages

Simon Redman noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Aug 28 16:02:21 BST 2018

sredman added a comment.

  In D15108#316416 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15108#316416>, @nicolasfella wrote:

  > Is it really necessary? We use a ProxyModel to sort the messages in the view

  Yes because in the app we ask the ConversationDBusInterface for the 10 most recent messages. Since the list was badly sorted it would return the 10 most recent messages **at the time they were requested**. If new messages came in, they would not be shown (you made a reference to this earlier as having to disconnect and reconnect to see new messages). They would be correctly sorted in the QML app, but the app was already receiving stale data. This makes the situation a little better in that you only have to change which conversation is being viewed to see new messages.

  I think the method of getting messages into the app might need to be redesigned at some point regardless, but I expect we will want a sorted representation in the model no matter what

  I have drawn what was happening before: Hopefully that helps show why this is a needed change: F6220963: 2018-08-28 KDE Connect Sorted Message Drawing.pdf <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6220963>

REPOSITORY
  R224 KDE Connect