D11854: (WIP) Upgrade Telephony plugin to read SMS history (KDE side)

Simon Redman noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 18 19:18:29 UTC 2018

sredman added a comment.

  In D11854#248447 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11854#248447>, @nicolasfella wrote:

  > Looks like your diff got lost

  Hopefully one day I will make arc do what I want on the first try :)

  In D11854#248451 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11854#248451>, @nicolasfella wrote:

  > Not sure if I'm overly nitpicky here 😆
  >
  > Will a message be always constructed from a QVariantMap? If not it would make more sense to ask for the actual parameters. To avoid code duplication one could make a helper method like
  >
  >   Message Message::fromQVariant(QVariant args) {}

  I think that is a fair suggestion, but what does such a method offer vs. a constructor which takes a QVariantMap?

  At the moment, the only way I see a Message being created is from a QVariantMap, since the only way to get a message is from a network packet, and network packets contain QVariantMaps

REPOSITORY
  R224 KDE Connect