D12294: Send notification actions

Matthijs Tijink noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 17 18:58:58 UTC 2018

mtijink added a comment.

  I think we should also send the action icon. That might be hard at the moment though, because we can only send one payload.

INLINE COMMENTS

> NotificationsPlugin.java:77
>      private Map<String, RepliableNotification> pendingIntents;
> +    private Map<String, List<Notification.Action>> actions;
>      private boolean serviceReady;

Maybe it's good to refactor this into `Map<String, RemotelyAccessedNotification>` or similar.

`RemotelyAccessedNotification` can then contain the id, the available actions and reply intent.

> NotificationsPlugin.java:264
> +                actions.put(key, new LinkedList<Notification.Action>());
> +                JSONArray jsonArray = new JSONArray();
> +                for (Notification.Action action : notification.actions) {

I think renaming to `actionsJson` is clearer.

> NotificationsPlugin.java:267
> +                    if (null == action.title)
> +                        break;
> +                    Log.d(TAG, action.title.toString());

Maybe if a single title is missing, don't send any actions? Otherwise, this can be confusing.

> NotificationsPlugin.java:273
> +                np.set("actions", jsonArray);
> +                Log.d(TAG, np.getString("actions"));

Double `Log` (with line 268), I'd remove at least one of them.

> NotificationsPlugin.java:508
> +                } catch (PendingIntent.CanceledException e) {
> +                    e.printStackTrace();

Something like `Log.e(TAG, "Firing action for notification failed", e)` is better in general (colors the stacktrace etc., actually labels it as an error).

REPOSITORY
  R225 KDE Connect - Android application