T7994: Extract Qt Pulseaudio bindings into a Framework

Aleix Pol Gonzalez noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 4 11:04:01 UTC 2018

apol added a comment.

  In T7994#135595 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T7994#135595>, @drosca wrote:

  > > Do you have any more API changes in mind?
  >
  > Yes, there are cases of API adjusted to work with QML that shouldn't be in C++ library (eg. returning `QObject*` in properties instead of full type, Models only export roles with name, not integer value). This has to be fixed and after that there needs to be review of API as a whole to make sure it is okay this way as we can't easily change it once released.
  >
  > Also, there are other things that imho needs to be done before we can make it framework:
  >
  > - documentation - there is no documentation in header files at all
  > - autotests - I added one test, but ideally there should be much more
  >
  >   I would also like to see a proper QML plugin so we can use it from plasma-pa and other places too.

  I fear we are adding a lot of tasks now that will block KDE Connect adoption. This could de-motivate all of us. Let's make sure this doesn't happen. David if you don't want to do it, at least enumerate the cases where the API needs changing.
  Also I wouldn't block on items that can be added afterwards too like apidocs and tests.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T7994