D5991: reply to notifications

Julian Wolff noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 31 07:05:12 UTC 2017

progwolff added a comment.

  I didn't have time to investigate further in the issue with telegram. I guess they just don't have a RemoteInput in their action but instead use custom widgets to receive user input. For me it's not such a big issue, as I use telepathy-morse on the desktop.

  Before this could fully replace the telephony plugin, there will be much more work to do. For now, this additions only allow to reply with exactly one message to each notification received. The telephony plugin is much better here, as it allows to send an arbitrary number of messages and integrates perfectly with telepathy.

  I'd be grateful if you could land this. I requested a developer account, but have no response yet.

INLINE COMMENTS

> albertvaka wrote in NotificationsPlugin.java:322
> This contains all the actions from the notification? In a future we could send all the actions with their respective texts, and have everything on the desktop :D

This should be all actions from the notification, yes. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to forward all actions to the desktop though. For example my e-mail app has a "reply" action wich does nothing more than to open the app. Triggering this action from the desktop would be quite useless (and the name would be misleading for the user).

REPOSITORY
  R225 KDE Connect - Android application

BRANCH
  master