What is the status of the telepathy plugin

Simon Redman simon at ergotech.com
Sat May 13 00:09:40 UTC 2017

Hi,

What is the current status of the telepathy plugin?

I am interested in looking into this and I would love to see the
seamless integration into the existing messenger tool, as opposed to the
current notifications system which I find a bit intrusive

There seem to be two branches with names involving telepathy of the main
kde-connect git repository, as well as the git repository here:
https://cgit.kde.org/telepathy-kdeconnect.git

Which is the latest? I assume telepathy-kdeconnect.git, but assumptions
are dangerous!

There is talk of some progress in this direction back in 2014:
https://dot.kde.org/2014/04/29/kde-telepathy-sprint
As well as on the KDE Connect v1.0 announcement page:
https://albertvaka.wordpress.com/2016/08/26/kde-connect-1-0-is-here/

Per the blog announcement, there was some confusion about what order
things needed to be launched in. The order which is consistently working
for me is: Launch KDE Connect Telepathy Plugin (Which causes
mission-control to launch) then launch KDE Connect

Thanks,
Simon