GSoC Proposal

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue Mar 21 00:28:03 UTC 2017

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 4:20 PM, Aram Grigoryan
<aramgrigoryan at protonmail.ch> wrote:
> To whom it may concern.
> Hi,
> I'm a Master student at University of Bonn, Germany. It have been a long
> time since I started to use KDE Connect. One day I was looking for an app
> that would allow to use my smartphone's camera to show it on projector's
> screen what I am doing on my desk during the class, so other student's could
> follow me. Then this idea of adding camera features to KDE Connect became
> naturally to me. But after i was pleasantly surprised to see that "wish" on
> KDE's phabricator page https://phabricator.kde.org/T4661
> I think it is for me a nice opportunity to participate in GSoC and help to
> implement this feature in KDE Connect. I still don't have the detailed plan
> on how to implement it, but i have a strong wish to do that. If you think
> that it is possible to do during GSoC and you would like to mentor such a
> project then i would be very happy to collaborate. I am looking forward to
> hearing from you soon.

Hi Aram,
I think that if it's implemented right it could have interesting uses.
>From camera sharing to screen sharing. Also doing something similar
with the microphone could be interesting as well (although the
protocol would be entirely different anyway).

I think it would be interesting to know a bit further what you have in
mind (we can discuss it here further). Also it would be interesting if
you sent a patch. A small feature or fixing a bug in KDE, preferrably
KDE Connect would suffice.

Aleix