Automatic pairing on log in

ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Sat Jul 8 10:35:48 UTC 2017

On Friday, 7 July 2017 23:39:38 BST Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 7:43 PM, ianseeks <bingmybong at btinternet.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I've just discovered this beauty a few days ago.  I've got a question.
> > I've configured it so it pairs with my blackberry on the 4 user accounts i
> > have on this machine and it happily works with them all.
> > The question i have is:
> > How can i get each user account to automatically pair with the phone when
> > log in?  I seem to have to right click the  icon on the panel, click "Kde
> > Connect Settings" and actually click on the device name in the list before
> > it pairs again.
> > I must admit there have been a couple of occasions where I got
> > notifications from the phone and i didn;t remember actually doing the
> > above steps ( i may have done it but have no real recollection of doing
> > so).
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Ian
> > --
> > opensuse:tumbleweed:20170706
> > Qt: 5.9.0
> > KDE Frameworks: 5.35.0
> > KDE Plasma: 5.10.3
> > kwin 5.10.3
> > kmail2 5.5.2
> > akonadiserver 5.5.2
> > Kernel:  4.11.8-1-default
> > Nouveau:  1.0.15_1.2
>
> Hi,
> You just need to make sure kdeconnectd is running. I wonder why it
> wouldn't do it by default. Do you have the plasmoid properly working
> and set up?
>
> Aleix

Hi Alex,

kdeconnectd loads fine on login.
Normally when i check the settings, the icon next to the device name has no
colour infill until i click it when it changes to green.   But today the icon
was green when i opened it so it looks like its working as it should, maybe
i'm checking the settings too quickly and not giving it enough time to perform
the handshake.

It would be helpful if the icon on the task bar changed colour to indicate
that a pairing was live and/or the tooltip shows the pair is active (similar
to the kmail tooltip that show how many unread emails)

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Ian