D8966: Add a foreground notification to the background service

Matthijs Tijink noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Dec 9 14:29:56 UTC 2017

mtijink added a comment.

  I think `startForegroundService` is only a promise that you'll call `startForeground` from the service. So `startForeground` is needed in any case. Without it, it might not even start the service (because of background limitations).

  Regarding the support library problem: I think you can decide to call `startService` or `startForegroundService` manually, depending on the API version, even without the newer support library, so it should work on all android versions. I cannot actually test this as I don't have an Android Oreo device.

REPOSITORY
  R225 KDE Connect - Android application