D7312: Make member variable names, & placement and * placement more coherent

Jean Vincent noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 16 16:34:52 UTC 2017

jeanv added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7312#136345, @albertvaka wrote:

  > I see some inconsistencies, for example in `DaemonPrivate` you changed
  >  `QSet<LinkProvider*> mLinkProviders;` to
  >
  >   `QSet<LinkProvider*> m_linkProviders;`
  >

  > while in `KdeConnectPluginPrivate` you changed
  >
  >   `Device* mDevice;` to
  >   `Device* device; `
  >

  > Also, I see you renamed d-pointers (https://wiki.qt.io/D-Pointer) like `QScopedPointer<KdeConnectPluginPrivate> d;` to `QScopedPointer<KdeConnectPluginPrivate> m_pluginInfos;` and we should keep the naming so it is clear we are using this programming pattern.

  I did not know about d-pointers, that's my bad :). I'll revert the names and make all member variables inside the structures coherent with the rest.

  What do you think about naming them `d_ptr` like in the Qt doc? It would be more explicit to newcomers that this is deliberate.

REPOSITORY
  R224 KDE Connect