Protocol documentation

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Apr 20 14:36:10 UTC 2017

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 3:17 AM, Markus Slopianka <kamikazow at web.de> wrote:
> On Mittwoch, 19. April 2017 21:27:18 CEST tastytea wrote:
>
>> I want to run it on low-end hardware and try to use as little ram as
>> possible.
>
> Aleix may correct me if I'm wrong but AFAIK the KDE Connect deamon itself is
> relatively light already. The component with many dependencies should only be
> the configuration KCM.
> I have my doubts how worthwhile it is to reimplement the protocol from scratch
> but a Qt-only alternative GUI (bonus points if it's a QML app using Kirigami
> for better Wayland compatibility) may be something LXQt, that Unity8 fork,
> etc. may actually be interested in.

We already have a Kirigami app in kdeconnect-kde/app. It's just not
tested enough but feedback is very welcome!

In kdeconnect-kde/indicator we also have another front-end for windows/gnome.

The daemon backend is fairly straightforward. But then, it all depends
on what you consider light, because light means nothing.

Aleix