KDE Connect iOS port

Markus Slopianka kamikazow at web.de
Mon Jun 6 01:35:47 UTC 2016

On Monday 06 June 2016 00:25:21 Sascha zenglein wrote:

> I already found the beginnings of an iOS port. But neither any code nor
> anything to install and test. My question now is, if someone can tell me a
> way to test and contribute to KDE Connect on my iPhone.

The code is here:
https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=scratch%2Fyangqiao%2Fkdeconnect-ios.git

It hasn't been touched since 2014 therefore the state is definitively that it
does not use the TLS-encrypted version of the protocol. Updating that part is
probably a good place to start.

The code is in a personal "scratch" repo. As such there is no proper way to
contribute. Maybe clone the repo to Github and work from there. If you feel
you go somewhere with the code, you can ask a KDE Sysadmin to get a git repo
on kde.org.
The code is dual-licensed. In addition to the GPL (Qiao referred to some 2.1
version of the GPL that does not exist, maybe he confused it with the LGPL --
you may want to ask him for clarification), it's also under MPL. This makes it
more friendly to an eventual App Store release than GPL only.
My (obviously non-binding) suggestion is to keep App Store-friendly licensing
for new code you write.

Markus