Release Problem Suspected

Hugh Wang hghwng at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 09:02:18 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I suspect that for release 0.9g, the git repo
<git://anongit.kde.org/kdeconnect-kde> is inconsistent with the tarballs
<http://download.kde.org/unstable/kdeconnect/0.9/src/>.

Tag v0.9g points to commit 1d98bd3, while diff tools reveal that the tree
at commit 860231a is the most similar to contents in
kdeconnect-kde-0.9g.tar.xz.

% diff -r src_git src_0.9g
diff -r src_git/CMakeLists.txt src_0.9g/CMakeLists.txt
55a56,58

> find_package(KF5I18n CONFIG REQUIRED)
> ki18n_install(po)
Only in src_0.9g: doc
Only in src_git: .git
Only in src_0.9g: po

I suspect that incorrect files were zipped and released. Jan 2, 2016 is the
day where 0.9g was released, while the corresponding tree, 860231a, was
committed on Dec 27, 2015. In the same day (Jan 2, 2016), the tag v0.9g
pointing to 1d98bd3 was created:

Date            Commit            Event
Jan 2, 2016     1d98bd3 (v0.9g)   Released 860231a on website
Dec 27, 2015    860231a           N/A

Suppose that my assumption is correct, could you please re-release tag v0.9g
as a newer version? In this way, distro users will be able to enjoy the
newer version.

The fact of inconsistent versions was confusing. I was debugging incorrect
clipboard contents synced to phone containing CJK characters. However, I
couldn’t reproduce the bug with the master branch or v0.9g. After
downloading the tarball specified by the build script of Arch Linux, I
could reproduce the bug.

Regards,
Hugh
​