KDE Connect seems to be interfering with the delivery of SMS messages

Mario Fux kde-ml at unormal.org
Mon Nov 23 14:47:36 UTC 2015

Am Monday 23 November 2015, 12.56:59 schrieb Clive Johnston:
> Albert,

I'm not Albert, but anyway: Morning Clive

> Although I didn’t get a screenshot of the notification in Kubuntu, I’m
> pretty sure the message had a reply button on it.  It's a feature I have
> been waiting for and very keen to test :)

I get the reply button too but it does't work here (you can reply and don't
get a feedback but the text/SMS message is just not send). But my SMS message
stay on the mobile phone and don't disappear.

Aleix or someone told me that a new version of telepathy-qt and kdeconnect-
android is needed

> As regards the eating my SMS messages, I am still no closer to finding out
> where they went to. Over the weekend I got so sick of Samsung's bundled
> bloatware, that I installed a custom ROM, and since then SMS have been fine.
> They are being delivered to Messenger and I get the regular notification in
> Kubuntu.
>
> Do you have a version of the app which does support this feature, Id be very
> keen to test it?

+1 ;-).

> Also, many thanks for your work on the project.  KDE Connect is a brilliant
> idea and is really coming on leaps and bounds.  I see a very bright future
> for it :)
>
> With the kindest regards,
> Clive

griits