GSoC 2015 project

Petar Bešlić2 Petar.Beslic2 at fer.hr
Thu Mar 19 12:48:51 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

As many other students, I would also like to work on the KDE Connect as my GSoC 2015 project.

I would like to implement the ability to manage Calligra Stage presentation from your phone using KDE Connect (and later maybe LibreOffice). My vision of this is: it should be possible to view the whole slide on your phone's screen, switch slides with swiping gestures or using volume buttons, showing slide's thumbnail and notes, or just notes, typing (updating) notes from the phone, and maybe something more similar to this. I don't think this is a crucial feature, but it's convenient. Now, all of this is maybe a bit too small for a whole project (I would do it right now if I didn't have schoolwork), so I would also like to hear other ideas or implement other features that are planned, help fixing bugs, and help in any way.

I really like this plugin, and I would like to see it in KDE Connect, even if I don't make it into GSoC, I will try to do it.

Kind regards,

Petar