"Please share views on GSoC proposal(Multiplatform Qt based KDE Connect Client)"

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Wed Mar 18 23:58:03 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 10:33 PM, Ashish Bansal
<bansal.ashish096 at gmail.com> wrote:
> GSoC proposal google docs link :
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n0OZmEXayGvHQ7875Rykcl7VHq-RUgUpVMkrzAfvIa0/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Many mistakes have already been corrected in the proposal(thanks to Aleix
> Pol Gonzalez).

I've been thinking a bit more about it and I think that you should
concentrate on the application.

Ideally, to make the application no parts of the core should be
touched, so I would scrap the the kservice work (I know why you added
it, I will work on it myself, during this week) and just consider the
notifications will be integrated into the application for now.

What you must focus on is getting an application to work that can work
easily on (any Qt supported) phone platform and possibly desktop as
well.

A subject that definitely needs thinking is how will the kcms work
and, in general, how will the UI be exposed.

Aleix