KDEConnect Feature Request

Albert Vaca albertvaka at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 20:11:03 UTC 2015

+kdeconnect mailing list

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 10:36 AM, Ming Tang <me at quaff.ca> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Is there anyway we can have a feature that wakes the computer from sleep
> (not hibernate) and unlocks the computer when the phone is near?
>
> Kind of like this app:
> http://hellotether.com/
>
> Thanks,
> Ming

Hi Ming,

We just added a feature to prevent your phone from automatically
locking if you are around. I'm sure it could be easily extended to
also lock it when you leave. Waking it up from sleep will be more
difficult because it will only be possible once we support Bluetooth
(4?). Waking up a computer from sleep is something that has to be done
by hardware (what Tether does with Bluetooth), and it's not something
we can just write a program for.

Albert