Incompatibility between Mina and Android Lollipop

vineet garg grgvineet at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 22:20:01 UTC 2015

After a lot of trouble I came to this conclusion that Mina and Android
Lollipop are not compatible at all when using SSL filter. I used the filter
as described in documentation. As soon as SSL filter is applied over the
session, the CPU usage of the application becomes incredibly high causing
OS to suspend all threads, so it doesn't work at all. It didn't worked
earlier in emulator too because I was using Lollipop in emulator too. My
new physical device is on Lollipop too. My old device is on Jellybean and
it works fine on it. In emulator too, it works fine on Jellybean image. The
main reason may be because of ART, but not sure.

So now I have two options, either implement this from basic like in KDE
version, or use Netty instead. Both Netty and Mina was started by same
person, Netty was started to overcome some of the problems in Mina. Netty
is actively developed and a lot of people are working on it.

Vineet