GSOC update

Albert Vaca albertvaka at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 07:08:36 UTC 2015

Hi Vineet,

First of all, please push soon the refactor you made as part of your first
milestone. I think I gave you a "Ship it" already. According to the
schedule, it should have been merged before May 30th, and I can see it's
not done yet.

The next step according to the roadmap is: "15 June -> SslLink link
implemented on Android, code-reviewed and merged." How are we tracking on
that goal? It's okay to me if you decide to work on the tests first, but
please make sure that you don't take longer than initially planned for both
things. I already commented on the code review you sent with the
tests. It's very nice to finally have a testing framework in place for KDE
Connect in Android :D

About the SSL link, I saw the changes in your Github repo. I would like to
know what are the reasons for re-using the LanLink instead of creating a
new type of Link. Is it better this way? Why?

Finally, about testing with two phones, it is definitely going to be better
than using two emulators, but actually the emulator should work as well. I
have two phones, so I should be able to test your changes, but I haven't
had time to do it yet and you shouldn't rely on me having free time to test
it. Keep me posted on when you think you will be able to go back to working
on this (either getting a second phone or making the emulator work).

Happy hacking!

Albert