GSOC update

vineet garg grgvineet at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 11:41:17 UTC 2015

Hi,
I have been working with ssl with mina for past few days. While testing I
realized that there are some compatibility issues with mina that it is not
working in emulator properly. The same code when tested with openssl cli is
working on physical device but not working in emulator correctly.

Due to simplicity of mina to handle ssl via filter, I was able to add ssl
filter in session within LanLink, both device if supports ssl, ssl will be
started. If even one device is old, the ssl won't be started and normal
link proceeds. Have a look of the code, available at "
https://github.com/grgvineet/kdeconnect-android/tree/sslinlanlink", also
test it whether it works on two physical device if possible.
Currently device trust all certificates in all connections. Method to check
for remote device with its certificate is added but not tested yet and not
in use currently.

Since I have only single device, I am not able to test it properly.
Planning to buy new phone, but that is only available Thursday in flash
sale at Amazon. So I have to wait for a week plus the time it will take to
reach home.

I am thinking to preempt this for some time and get my hands dirty on
Android testing framework. What do you suggest ?

Vineet