Debian testing : "The shared library was not found" error

Michal BULIK mbulik at altair.com
Thu Aug 6 13:36:08 UTC 2015

> Hi Michal
>
> Use "which qmake" to test which qmake version it is using. Although I think if it is using wrong qmake, there would have been different problems but not sure. The master branch is ported to 1Qt5, so you should try that it uses qmake of Qt5 version.
> Kill running kdeconnectd process and then run it from terminal with --no-fork option. This may show any errors occurred during startup. You can find the location of kdeconnectd binary from your make-install output.
>
> Vineet

Hi Vineet,

Both the qt4 and qt5 qmakes are installed but it seems to me
that the default one is qt5 :

root at fraef-lap62l:/home/michal# which qmake
/usr/bin/qmake

root at fraef-lap62l:/home/michal# ls -l /usr/bin/qmake*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root  9 2015-06-26 00:37 /usr/bin/qmake -> qtchooser
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 37 2015-05-26 19:29 /usr/bin/qmake-qt4 -> ../lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/bin/qmake

Here's what I get when I execute kdeconnectd :

Konsole output
michal at fraef-lap62l:~$ /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexec/kdeconnectd --no-fork
kdeconnect.core: KdeConnect daemon starting
pure virtual method called
terminate called without an active exception
Abandon

And the compile time problem with DBUS, do you think it may be solved ?

Thanks,
Michal