Debian testing : "The shared library was not found" error

Michal BULIK mbulik at altair.com
Thu Aug 6 11:15:34 UTC 2015

Hi Vineet,
> Hi Michal
>
> The place where you see "Process ..." is the place where your device name is displayed which is usually your computer name. The button with pencil icon lets you edit the device name.
>

>     Hi Vineet,
>
>     Of course. Just to be 100% sure I've done a clean install
>     this morning with the following steps :
>
>     git clone git://anongit.kde.org/kdeconnect-kde <http://anongit.kde.org/kdeconnect-kde>
>
>     cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DKDE_INSTALL_USE_QT_SYS_PATHS=ON ./ > cmake-out.txt 2>&1
>
>     make > make-out.txt 2>&1
>

> As you can see from make output class DBusInterfaces is not generated and linked, since KDE Connect depends a lot on dbus, application is not working. I am currently unable to reproduce this issue but I will get back to you soon.
> Do you have qdbuscpp2xml and qdbusxml2cpp binaries installed ?

Yes, in fact I have both qt4 and qt5 versions installed :

root at fraef-lap62l:/home/michal# locate qdbuscpp2xml
/usr/bin/qdbuscpp2xml
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/bin/qdbuscpp2xml
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/qdbuscpp2xml
root at fraef-lap62l:/home/michal# locate qdbusxml2cpp
/usr/bin/qdbusxml2cpp
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/bin/qdbusxml2cpp
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/qdbusxml2cpp

Maybe I should remove the libqt4-dev-bin package ?

Otherwise if you give me the commands to generate what is missing maybe
I'll get some more explicit error messages.

>     sudo make install > make-install-out.txt 2>&1
>
>     I attach two screen captures of the Control Center when I open
>     "Kde Donnect" and then I click on the pen button.
>
>     Please let me know how can I generate a stack trace. To which
>     process should I attach gdb ?
>

> The process name is kdeconnectd
In fact it dies so quickly that I have no time to attach gdb to it.
I can see it thanks to that loop :

while [ 1 ] ; do  ps -elf | fgrep kdeco | fgrep -v grep; done

Every time I click on "refresh" I can see a few lines and then
it disappears.

> I mistakenly used reply instead of reply to all in previous mails, this has taken the discussion off from mailing list. Can you take it back to there so that other people can help you too.
Sure, adding again the kdeconnect list.

Thanks, Michal