KDE Connect integration

Martin Klapetek mklapetek at kde.org
Wed Apr 22 12:51:49 UTC 2015

Hello,

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 1:18 PM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:

> I have no idea, adding Martin Klapetek as CC, KNotifications
> maintainer. He might have some answers.
>
> Aleix
>
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 8:58 AM, Albert Vaca <albertvaka at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Some of the things that KDE Connect needs to do with the notifications
> are:
> >
> > - We need to get notified when they are dismissed (to dismiss them from
> the
> > phone)

KNotification::closed();

> > - We need to be able to dismiss them programatically (when they are
> > dismissed from the phone)

KNotification::close();

> > - Some notifications should not be dimissable (in case they are not
> > dismissable on the phone).

That is currently not possible; the desktop spec assumes all of them are
dismissable.
What you could do however is to re-emit the notification again when closed
and/or use StatusNotifierItem for it.

> > - There should be a buton to dismiss all the dismissable notifications.

That's currently not there either, but it's easy to do. They also go away in
10 minutes of user activity (yes, activity).

> > Is it possible to implement this within the Plasma notification system?

Yes. Except the not dismissable part, but if you use KSNI for it,
should be fine :)

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer