Want to contribute in KDEConnect

Albert Vaca albertvaka at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 04:22:41 UTC 2014

Hello Vineet,

On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 3:35 PM, vineet garg <grgvineet at gmail.com> wrote:
> As written on Albert Vaca's blog, I have developed a " Find my phone "
> plugin and currently working on plugin for power management, which will be
> completed soon.

I will love to see your patch and that we can have this feature soon
in KDE Connect :)

> So being a newbie to open source, I want to ask
>
> 1. How do I submit patches

To submit patches for any project in KDE, we use a tool called Review
Board [1]. This tool allows other people to review the code, ask for
any modifications and finally integrate it into the development
branch.

To use Review Board you will need to first create a KDE identity
account if you don't have one.

After you submit a few patches through Review Board and they are
accepted, then you can ask for a KDE developer account so you can push
changes directly to the repo (even though it is a good idea to always
use the review board anyway).

> 2. Are there any projects on which I can work in Season of KDE (as I also
> want to take part in SoK :) )

There is a list of ideas [2]. Anyway, you can still submit a project
that is not in the list. Let me know in advance if you want to propose
a project for KDE Connect, so I can try to find a mentor or see if I
can mentor the project myself.

> 3. Is there any IRC channel for kdeconnect developers.

We just use the #kde-devel channel. If you can not find me
(albertvaka), ping Aleix Pol (apol) or Àlex Fiestas (afiestas).

[1] http://reviewboard.kde.org/
[2] https://community.kde.org/SoK/Ideas/2014

Albert