KDE-Connect and KDED

Albert Vaca albertvaka at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 18:25:33 UTC 2014

I think it is nice to start kdeconnect on demand (via dbus calls). I see
the benefits of killing it automatically if there are no devices reachable,
or none of them is paired, but this causes a problem: we wont be
discoverable since the process is not there anymore.

I believe that Alex's solution would be to have a "placeholder" daemon only
listening for connections to spawn the main process, but anyway i dont
think it is worth the work just to have a (smaller?) process loaded.

Anyway we have to think a way to use ZERO memory if the user is not using
kdeconnect at all, because our process now is quite fat.