Thoughts about future of filebrowsing

Yuri Samoilenko kinnalru at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 14:43:40 UTC 2014

I think about such features/ways in future development:

1. integration with solid to provide mount/unmount connecterd devices from
device manager applet
2. extending kdeconnect-android to provide on-device-features:
 - providing photo/video collected by android MediaScanner
 - providing audio by same way
 - may be filesearch on device and exposing result through sshfs

3. integration with Digikam to download photos from device
4. integration with NON KDE environment
 - test /etc/init.d/kdeconnect daemon and right way to integrate with KDED
daemon ... only dream
 - non-pasma gui/applet/tray to be able to use kdeconnect in gnome/lxfce
and other. I mean only GUI backend and not talk about dropping
kde-dependency - kde libs is a great library set, but plasma...

5. something else... :)