merging branches

Yuri Samoilenko kinnalru at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 06:05:25 UTC 2014

Hello

After testing everything here in the Blue Systems office with Àlex Fiestas
> and other people, we like how it works and no more bugs appeared. Nice!

Good news!

> We have also seen that the sftp plugins is less "user-friendly" (or
> "noob-user-friendly") than the other plugins. For example: You show a
> notification when the sftp is unmounted because of a timeout, while this is
> not relevant for a regular user. Since one of the main goals of this
> project is to be super simple for regular users, I think we want to change
> this to better achieve this goal.
>

> Together with renaming the plugin to simply "Filesystem browser" (as I
> said in another email I wanted to do) I would also like to make some other
> changes like change these notifications to KDebugs. This way a power-user
> could still see the information but regular users don't see things they
> don't understand.

I think the best sollution wiil be to use extended KDE notification
framework with describing messages in notifyrc-xml to be able to attach
some actions on "Filesystem browser" events. For exmaple I think aboud
backuping some data from telephon when mount('in technical words') occures.
By default users will not to see any notifications about mounting but they
can enable it and attach some actions.

> The same happens with the "unmount" button of the plasmoid: I think there
> is no need for a normal user to manually unmount the FS. Actually now if I
> want to open the directory for a second time,  I have to press unmount and
> then mount again! Could you change it to always display "Browse" and make
> it transparently mount the FS if it is not mounted yet, or just open the
> folder if it is already mounted? I belive it would be more useful for both
> power-users and noob-users.

Totally agree